WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer’s hard drive by your browser. It enables our site to identify your computer as you view different pages on our site.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. This data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions ensuring it is kept relevant.
- Store information about your preferences. Our site can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- Recognise when you return to our site. We may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
- Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on our site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work social media sites, may set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
TYPES OF COOKIES
There are a number of different cookies, however, our website may use the following:
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return and remember any previously selected preferences, e.g. your choice of language or region.
- Analytical / performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and how they navigate through our. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- We use these to ensure and continually maintain compatibility with the different browsers and operating systems that are used to visit our site.
- Compile and analyse statistical website reports in respect of website activity and usability
If you use your browser to block cookies, please note that doing this may affect how our site functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
DATA WE MAY GATHER
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
We will never use your data without your permission, and you are always able to control how we use your data.
- We will always ask for your permission to join any mailing list or newsletter, for example when you use our contact form.
- There will always be an unsubscribe link in any newsletters, which will instantly unsubscribe you from further communications. Your data is still stored (but not used) in our database, to ensure we do not email you in the future.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal data for marketing purposes you can contact us to change this. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your data to be removed from our databases.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our Data Protection Policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998, and GDPR.
We will always hold your information securely.